To promote research and the development of fundamental concepts, models, and theories to support applications of Information Technology.
- Research: To identify and study advanced issues related to the application of techniques and information technologies that automate, integrate, and optimize the processes of innovation, design, production and management, including environmental issues.
- Communication: To provide an international forum for government, academia, research and industry for the dissemination, publication and peer review of information, research, education and practices.
- Collaboration: To foster interdisciplinary work and to collaborate with other Technical Committees, Working Groups and global professional organizations with allied interests.
This Technical Committee provides a focus for multi-disciplinary research into the application of information technologies and practices to facilitate information management - that is, to make it easier for people to have up-to-date knowledge, to be flexible, and to adapt.
Some non-exclusive examples include the following:
- Product Life-Cycle Management
- Digital Engineering / Digital Modeling and Simulation / Digital Manufacturing
- Computer Aided Product Realization
- Integrated Manufacturing / Production Management including Data Management for Production, Process Planning and Tools
- Virtual Product Creation, Visualization and Digital Verification of Product and Process
- Environmental Information and Decision Support Systems for Environmental Monitoring, Management, Research and Policy, including Risk and Crisis Mangement
- Virtual collaboration supporting the interaction between product, production, supply chain management, recycling and end of life disposal
- Enterprise integration to facilitate product realization